Recipe – Beef Lo Mein
* 1 lb Certified Angus Beef® Top Round Steak, cut into small strips
* 1 8oz can pineapple chunks with juice
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
* 12oz egg noodles or Chinese-style thin egg noodles
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
* 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 2 10oz jars prepared sweet and sour sauce
* 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
1) Drain juice from pineapple and combine juice with soy sauce and crushed red pepper. Marinate the beef strips in pineapple mixture in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Discard the marinade.
2) Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
3) Heat sesame oil in large, nonstick skillet; brown beef over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add pepper and mushrooms;
Sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Add the noodles and pineapple.
4) Stir in sweet and sour sauce and sesame seeds. Heat 2 to 3 minutes until hot throughout, stirring constantly; do not boil. Top with green onions. Serve immediately.
Total Fat (g) 8.0
Saturated Fat (g) 1.9
Cholesterol (mg) 102.0
Carbohydrates (g) 141.1
Protein (g) 29.4
Sodium (mg) 1,576.0
Iron (mg) 7.4